Sweet Potato Salad
Who wants a healthy (sort of) sweet potato salad?!
The original kitchen invader – a.k.a. my sister – saw a couple of sweet potato salad recipes online last week. As always, we are ready to try any recipe that has ingredients within our reach. And this one is meat-free, easy to prepare, nutritious and very delicious.
Here’s the recipe…
1 kg yellow sweet potato
200 grams mayonnaise
1 medium sized carrot, diced
1/4 cup chopped spring onions
2 green bell peppers
salt and pepper
1. Boil sweet potatoes until fork-tender, do not overcook.
2. Cool completely before peeling and then dice into chunks.
3. Roast bell peppers until the skin has charred, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, allow to cool. Peel and chop.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise, pickles, spring onions, roasted peppers, carrots, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Fold in sweet potatoes, adjust seasoning.
6. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
This sweet potato salad is best served as a side dish or on its own.
We do hope you’ll try this recipe as well.