Thai Green Curry
The kitchen invaders love curry, especially Thai green curry with chicken and coconut cream. And of course, it is spicy and very appetizing.
The secret to cooking good curry is to use the best ingredients. If you can make your own green curry paste at home, the better. Otherwise, just get one in a jar at your local supermarket (and make sure it’s made in Thailand).
Here’s our version of Thai green curry for you to try…
1 kg chicken breast fillet, sliced into 1-inch strips
1 tsp oil
1 cup thick coconut cream
3 cloves garlic
1 large white onion, sliced
1.5 tbsp Thai green curry paste (or can make your own curry paste — get recipe online)
4-5 pcs. Small round eggplants, sliced lengthwise
1/2 cup ground coriander
½ cup Thai basil
Salt and pepper to taste
(1) In a skillet, sautee garlic and onions in oil.
(2) Add curry paste and chicken. Cook until chicken turns white.
(3) Add coconut cream and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
(4) Add eggplant, adjust seasoning
(5) Add herbs and simmer for 1 min.
Serve over rice and top with more herbs.